First cook with non Weber pellets was no big deal

PattiA

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4
I smoked a spatchcocked chicken and roasted some potatoes for a potato salad using a hopper with a combo of Weber and Pit Boss pellets and it went 100% smoothly. I filled the hopper with my remaining Weber pellets then topped off with the Pit Boss pellets. The hopper was probably 1/5 Weber pellets and 4/5 Pit Boss. Everything went according to plan. Thanks to @JpsBBQ for making me feel comfortable with trying the non Weber pellets. I started the potatoes after the chicken was done, by then it was 100% Pit Boss pellets. The potatoes have a mild smoky flavor, which was exactly what I was looking for. I used hard cider in the water pan and it made great pan juices to serve with the chicken.

IMG_2979.jpgIMG_2980.jpg

JpsBBQ

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire ex 4, WSM 22, Weber Summit charcoal S6, Weber 22” kettle, Weber Summit natural gas grilling station, various Traegers, Camp Chef WW36, couple BGE’s, pit barrel cooker, and some other stuff
Wow, the color on the bird is phenomenal. Beautiful!

Goneincognito

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4, WSM 14.5", 22" kettle
It's usually not a big deal but it's also one of the first things to look at should you start to have problems.

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
You know Abmet “chicken master” loves that chicken. Nice job!

folder

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4
I switched to a brand made in Canada … Furtado Farms. Never had any issues with them at all … so far (knock on wood.) I’m on my 5th or 6th 30lb bag right now.

JpsBBQ

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire ex 4, WSM 22, Weber Summit charcoal S6, Weber 22” kettle, Weber Summit natural gas grilling station, various Traegers, Camp Chef WW36, couple BGE’s, pit barrel cooker, and some other stuff

Latest Discussions