Firmware Update 4042

I have been told "we are checking on it," implying to me that you should not expect anything at this time. But the right hand and the left hand......

I received a response from Nicole from Weber this am. They stated that 4035 is still the current version that has been released. However their R&D has released a number of firmware versions 4042 for early testing and feedback before general release.

She also said to keep watching their website for any new general release.

So someone got 4042 without consent to be a tester?

So someone got 4042 without consent to be a tester?
Her phraseology was very interesting it said “ ...we may engage consumers to help us refine features with their feedback. These consumers may receive early versions of test firmware for their feedback.”

Go figure...not sure if she was referring to owners who earlier had agreed to be beta testers but were unaware they were getting this or not. I am only aware of a handful of individuals across several forums who had remarked about getting 4042.

Last edited:
Even if they consent to be a tester, they should know that it is coming........
I assumed ( my mistake) that those who got 4042 were aware they were getting it.

Folks, as I mentioned in another thread, Weber snuck in a new firmware version (4042). Their website does not indicate this yet. About the same time, several of us have started having temp increase problems. Check your firmware version and let us know what is happening. Just trying to figure out how make this thing run. Later, alh.
I assumed from this post you had 4042 is that correct?

Well I'm a tester, according to the earlier post. Don't mind doing it.

Well I'm a tester, according to the earlier post. Don't mind doing it.
But were you informed before you got the download? Were you given a method to report your results or is this being done with Google analytics?

I was not informed. Didn't even think about checking until this thread. No contact with Weber on this and I am not using Google Analytics.

I was not informed. Didn't even think about checking until this thread. No contact with Weber on this and I am not using Google Analytics.
There is a switch inside the Weber app that turns on Google analytics and it runs in the background.

As of yesterday, 9/21, Weber is showing firmware version 4042 as the latest, replacing 4035. Supposedly it delays the auger reversing cycle until the grill cools down — probably for safety reasons, but not stated — but I doubt that is the only change to the firmware.
New learning curve...

Just got the update today while warming up the grill. Suppose it won't update until I restart. Not gonna shutdown now to see.

I got update yesterday, I am not a tester or in any beta program.

As an early "adapter," I would suggest on any cooks that are time/temp sensitive, run an air probe. I think that you will find that the air temp is well below what the controller temp indicates. And it takes a long time (if ever) to reach set points above 200-250. Just saying.

And, guys, I really want to know your experiences. I have been talking to myself and the fence post while going in circles since this version hit my SF.

Last edited:
Back