Finally!

SmokeMeister

Reaction score
It arrived this morning. Should have it put together this evening and do a test burn.
The assembly is fairly straightforward, but it does require another person for at least one part. In my case, I also had to enlist my wife to help carry it from the garage to the back deck. She was thrilled.

OP
J

Jesse749

Reaction score
Assembly was pretty easy. Took a little less than an hour. So far I am pretty pleased. I am burning in right now. 37 degrees outside right now and raining. The initial temperature when I started said 45 degrees. The times in the pictures are from start up and spaced out every 5 minutes. It hit 600 in 19 minutes! I thought that was decent considering the weather.

Attachments

Last edited:

GreyMouser

Reaction score
Assembly was pretty easy. Took a little less than an hour. So far I am pretty pleased. I am burning in right now. The initial temperature when I started said 45 degrees. The times in the pictures are from start up and spaced out every 5 minutes. It hit 600 in 19 minutes! I thought that was decent considering the weather.
Which model are you running?

Hickorysmoke21

Reaction score
Are you able to use the "SmokeBoost" feature that I've read about?? Some said it would be available day one, some said it would be available with an update in near future.......

OP
J

Jesse749

Reaction score
Are you able to use the "SmokeBoost" feature that I've read about?? Some said it would be available day one, some said it would be available with an update in near future.......
I have not seen that yet. If it’s in the options somewhere on the screen I can’t find it.

OP
J

Jesse749

Reaction score
How about using the app on phone??
I am not seeing it in the app but I’m not positive the app is working correctly for me. I did the update it asked me too and now asked to update again but when I try it won’t do it.

Bear5414

Reaction score
Assembly was pretty easy. Took a little less than an hour. So far I am pretty pleased. I am burning in right now. 37 degrees outside right now and raining. The initial temperature when I started said 45 degrees. The times in the pictures are from start up and spaced out every 5 minutes. It hit 600 in 19 minutes! I thought that was decent considering the weather.
I’m really glad to see it got up to 600 degrees. There’s another thread with initial burn in temps and I know the first guys grill didn’t get up to 600 although it was 25 or so degrees outside where he was.

SmokeMeister

Reaction score
Good to hear! I'm trying another 600 test right now, hopefully I will be more successful than I was last weekend.

Latest Discussions