EX6 lowest temp

richfleek

Reaction score
I am going to be smoking some bacon that I have curing in a couple of days. Question for y'all.... How do I get my EX6 down to about 160-170 degrees? Appears the lowest I can go is 200

I believe if you set the temp to 200 and put into smokeboost it will get you down to 170 degrees

The simple answer is you won't get that low. It's not designed to do it.
SmokeBoost "may" get you lower than 200 but ambient temp plays a lot into it.
SmokeBoost is also a crapshoot so you may have more problems than its worth doing it.

I’ve done bacon a couple times. I just set it at 200 with probes in and take it off once the meat reaches 150.

The simple answer is you won't get that low. It's not designed to do it.
SmokeBoost "may" get you lower than 200 but ambient temp plays a lot into it.
SmokeBoost is also a crapshoot so you may have more problems than its worth doing it.
I’m going to use smokboost today. New York strip steaks. So how do I use that and set temp to 220 degree? THEN, how do I get out of that so I can set temp to 550 so I can sear the steaks? TKS in advance.

I’m going to use smokboost today. New York strip steaks. So how do I use that and set temp to 220 degree? THEN, how do I get out of that so I can set temp to 550 so I can sear the steaks? TKS in advance.
Im sure you can work out how to change the temp but I gave a more detailed answer in your other post.

Latest Discussions

Back