EX4 Temperature issue

Roadrunner

Reaction score
New to the SmokeFire this week. Was cooking today on the EX4 at 160c after around 2 hrs the temp started to drop and I got low temp alert. Couldn’t get it to start rising again. Did a complete shutdown and cleared the hopper. Re-loaded and fired up again. Reached 160 and the I had the same constant issue of dropping temp. I found if I kept loosing the pellets at the feed it would get back to temp but would drop again but was inconsistent when it would start to drop again. Meat was never getting to temp due to issues so gave up. Any thoughts on the cause. I will be contacting Weber. This was my second cook as only got it this week. The first was chicken breasts which went without issue.

Wismokes

Reaction score
Make sure you have the newest update on it . It could also matter if the store you bought from put the grill together of you did . People at the store don’t really care and just throw it together as fast as they can

Wismokes

Reaction score
Yea i did . I tend to explain things like people already know what I’m saying . Wife tells me that all the time

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Make sure you have removed the wire safety guard just above the chute. It seriously impedes the flow of pellets.

OP
Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys all appreciated. I built it myself, all updates done before use but I will remove the finger guard and see if it helps 👍

Latest Discussions