EX4 right side

Goneincognito

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4, WSM 14.5", 22" kettle
To comment on OP's question, I've thought about modding the flame deflector by trimmimg away some material on the left side to open the gap a bit and let more flame out on that side. I would trim away a small amount, like 1/8" at a time and test until it seems balanced. Could also cut two vertical slots toward the front and rear of that side wall allowing you to bend up the material in between.
I'm not sure how well that would work since it's the fan that is pushing the flame out to the right.

JpsBBQ

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire ex 4, WSM 22, Weber Summit charcoal S6, Weber 22” kettle, Weber Summit natural gas grilling station, various Traegers, Camp Chef WW36, couple BGE’s, pit barrel cooker, and some other stuff

jkoblong

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4
Interesting, mine is hotter on the left side. Saw that difference with burgers and corn. As others of stated, be mindful of it and use it to your advantage.

Jayjay1976

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
Interesting, mine is hotter on the left side. Saw that difference with burgers and corn. As others of stated, be mindful of it and use it to your advantage.
Would you happen to be in the southern hemisphere, by chance? Me, my toilet, and my smokefire would like to know.

Latest Discussions