ex4 front shelf not fitting on

mcloud

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire ex4
OK so I'm having a hard time putting the front shelf bracket on. the slots are not lining up. I can only slide one side on, I have even tried to slide them on evenly at same time and cannot.

this is my second one sent to me, and its the same way, I did a measurement and center to center the shelf bracket holes doesn't match up the the bolts that they slide onto.

I'm I suppose to loosen up the security bolts and slide the bracket on? I'm at my wits end on this

please any advice would be much appreciated.

thankyou in advance

Last edited:
Did you assemble your SF yourself? Preassembly by others has been a problem.

Wait, I can not even remember assembly because it has been so long. I don't remember what it hooks on to.

If you bought your SF retail, request a technician to help put it on.

I just assembled my EX4 on Sunday and also put on the front shelf. It clips onto the factory-installed stainless steel bolts that are not fully seated on the front. It went on but was tight.

Attachments

• EX4.jpg
    EX4.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29
Ok I had to loosen them as the slots didnt line up, I then slipped it on behind the bolts. so its on now. I just wish they would have been cut right, as table is not level but angled up with the bumpers on the bracket, but atleast its on, I may just take the bumpers off so table sits level.

I also always put my own grills together, so I know its done right. the people at the stores are great people but I think they just slap them together as fast as they can. Ive had some sloppy put together grills like that back in the day lol

OK so I'm having a hard time putting the front shelf bracket on. the slots are not lining up. I can only slide one side on, I have even tried to slide them on evenly at same time and cannot.

this is my second one sent to me, and its the same way, I did a measurement and center to center the shelf bracket holes doesn't match up the the bolts that they slide onto.

I'm I suppose to loosen up the security bolts and slide the bracket on? I'm at my wits end on this

please any advice would be much appreciated.

thankyou in advance
I was lucky, the shelf just slipped on without issues.
The shelf does slant more than it should.

I was lucky, the shelf just slipped on without issues.
The shelf does slant more than it should.
I got that impression too about the angle. Having said that I’m not sure it’s not an optical illusion. I haven’t put a level on it or leveled up my grill but I don’t notice any issues when actually using the shelf. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Back