Disappointed

McBuffalo

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
So after much deliberation, and checking out the EX6 and the Trager at the local Ace Hardware, I decided to stay a loyal Weber owner.

Took my new purchase home, ran through all the assembly Precheck’s, updated the software and prepared for the initial burn in.

Never happened!

just kept getting E2 and E6 messages.
Followed all clearing instructions, Nothing!

Called Product support, I think I knew more about the grill than the tech did.

his diagnosis is the fan doesn’t work!
so they are sending me a new fan to install.

very disappointed as these things are not cheap.

anyone else have fan issues?

So after much deliberation, and checking out the EX6 and the Trager at the local Ace Hardware, I decided to stay a loyal Weber owner.

Took my new purchase home, ran through all the assembly Precheck’s, updated the software and prepared for the initial burn in.

Never happened!

just kept getting E2 and E6 messages.
Followed all clearing instructions, Nothing!

Called Product support, I think I knew more about the grill than the tech did.

his diagnosis is the fan doesn’t work!
so they are sending me a new fan to install.

very disappointed as these things are not cheap.

anyone else have fan issues?
That sucks!! Sorry to hear that

That sucks!! Sorry to hear that
First one of those I’ve heard about. These sort of things happen to all the brands. It’s just part of the game with all the electronic parts not to mention the potential WiFi bugs. They all have some attrition throughout the various brands. It just sucks when you are the one who has the issue. Stick it out. You’ll be happy you did IMO.

First one of those I’ve heard about. These sort of things happen to all the brands. It’s just part of the game with all the electronic parts not to mention the potential WiFi bugs. They all have some attrition throughout the various brands. It just sucks when you are the one who has the issue. Stick it out. You’ll be happy you did IMO.
Yes, I second this. I think we've all had 'some' issues with the WSF...but I will say even with the teething issues I've experienced, if I had to replace my WSF tomorrow, I'd be buying another EX6.

That sucks- at least you have the error message. Are they overnighting you parts? I would personally go to Ace and ask them for the parts out of a new unit. They probably would give them to you. When I had an issue with my Genesis having a defective part out of the box I went to Lowe’s and they gave me the right ones out of a new box

Just an update

second call to Weber got the correct replacement parts in a timely manner. No problem with the change over.
Have had a couple of successful cooks, although I had my first flameout yesterday.

Man, I wish I would have read this post before I bought my ex4. I have had nothing but trouble out of mine. Worst part is I cant even get Weber customer service to answer any of my emails. I thought their customer service was better than that.
They have a great Facebook presence. When I've had a problem, I will get a response the next day (business hours, no weekend)

Man, I wish I would have read this post before I bought my ex4. I have had nothing but trouble out of mine. Worst part is I cant even get Weber customer service to answer any of my emails. I thought their customer service was better than that.

I would strongly suggest calling them. I received the same advice and I've been speaking to a live person within about 10 minutes of picking up the phone every time I've called, sometimes much much less. They're very helpful and knowledgeable, give them a call!

Call them,

I've had excellent results by using Facebook Messenger to contact Weber. I had occasion to contact them Monday about my EX6. I got a response back in a little over an hour. And received a confirmation email telling me my parts were ordered. You just can't get any better than that

I have never had an issue when calling Weber directly. Wait times are relatively short — typically less than 10 minutes —and they are both knowledgeable and extremely responsive.

I have never had an issue when calling Weber directly. Wait times are relatively short — typically less than 10 minutes —and they are both knowledgeable and extremely responsive.
A few years back, when I called them, the nice lady on the phone even chastised me for not cleaning the screens on my burner tubes....like it says to do in the manual.... 🤦‍♂️. She was right - spiderwebs.

As someone who’s been known to give people a hard time -in fun- I appreciated a dose of my own medicine. 😁

Back