Different casters

Booty

Reaction score
I’m new to the group. I fixed one complaint when I assembled my new EX6. I ordered new casters off of Amazon. I got them an inch bigger and a little softer material works fantastic !! I take mine in and out of the garage. Or that’s the plan right now. The wife didn’t want me taking up more deck space. So my Summit 6 will stand alone and the SmokeFire EX6 will have a parking spot in the garage. Here’s a link for the ones that I got. What’s another $27 at this point. Heck I might have my buddy make a drip tray so I can remove the Flavorriser bars and put in the drip tray for long cooks. That would eliminate the fire problem. Just hanging in there right now to see what they come up with.

[T-REX CASTER] 4inch Light-Medium Duty Casters, All Swivel 1/2-13UNC1 Stem Caster Wheels with Safety Side Locking and Rubber Plastic Load Capacity - 750 Lbs Per Caster (Pack of 4) T504S-4B(LN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082WQFHY3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8buvEbNZV97CR

Attachments

• 24D98761-0B0E-4788-B5C2-6A4751D1594B.jpeg
    24D98761-0B0E-4788-B5C2-6A4751D1594B.jpeg
    672.1 KB · Views: 1,055
Thanks for sharing the link. I was contemplating replacing with some bigger rubber casters too. Though were I have it now I probably don't need them. I know others were asking about swapping them out so this is good to know these work.

I’m new to the group. I fixed one complaint when I assembled my new EX6. I ordered new casters off of Amazon. I got them an inch bigger and a little softer material works fantastic !! I take mine in and out of the garage. Or that’s the plan right now. The wife didn’t want me taking up more deck space. So my Summit 6 will stand alone and the SmokeFire EX6 will have a parking spot in the garage. Here’s a link for the ones that I got. What’s another $27 at this point. Heck I might have my buddy make a drip tray so I can remove the Flavorriser bars and put in the drip tray for long cooks. That would eliminate the fire problem. Just hanging in there right now to see what they come up with.

[T-REX CASTER] 4inch Light-Medium Duty Casters, All Swivel 1/2-13UNC1 Stem Caster Wheels with Safety Side Locking and Rubber Plastic Load Capacity - 750 Lbs Per Caster (Pack of 4) T504S-4B(LN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082WQFHY3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8buvEbNZV97CR
Well those are sexy! I thought the casters that came with the grill were better than what they looked like and discussed but they were still pretty substandard as I dragged that monster EX6 out my front door and all the way around the back yard to her final cooking place. Good Find!

Yes I really don’t need these but I like to modify everything I buy. 😜

I like the look of the hubs on those. Have a link?

Price went down I’d jump on them!!!
2A98238B-2C68-40FB-9F47-BEFE984FC68B.jpeg

How are you liking the casters? Good quality? I like the idea of them locking rotation too. Does it make the grill more stable?

How are you liking the casters? Good quality? I like the idea of them locking rotation too. Does it make the grill more stable?
Good catch, the double locking is awesome, they are perfect, I had a slope to my cooking area so I set the right side 1/2” higher to level out the SmokeFire. Worked perfectly.
At that price I almost want to order a spare set.,

That’s what I needed to hear. Just placed my order. Should be here Saturday.

Back