Different casters

I will be looking at doing bigger casters as well!

I’m new here and I already just got my money’s worth! Thanks!

The OEM casters are fine, if your cooker lives on a patio or deck, but I keep mine well out of the elements, in a garage, about 50’ from the house. Dragging it across lawn (which goes more smoothly than dragging it down my gravel driveway) has left me wanting bigger casters.

I am also thinking about tying the legs together (giggity!) somehow, because they seem to flex an awful lot, while I’m pulling it across the lawn.

I know it is tough. I held off and broke down. My asphalt is rough and was hard to roll out from garage. Now it will roll away and have to hold on tight. I did like the red ones but cost was higher. See photo for the real difference in casters.

Attachments

• D8DBE612-676C-445D-A626-F73907AE71C8.jpeg
    D8DBE612-676C-445D-A626-F73907AE71C8.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 86
I know it is tough. I held off and broke down. My asphalt is rough and was hard to roll out from garage. Now it will roll away and have to hold on tight. I did like the red ones but cost was higher. See photo for the real difference in casters.
Those are the 5"?

Those are the 5"?
Yes. It is the one others had purchased listed above.

AAGUT 5 Inch Locking Swivel Casters 1/2"-13 x 1.5" Threaded Stem Wheels with Brake Grey TPR Rubber Wheel Set of 4​

Just ordered a set, love the Total Lock feature as I have some shims under a couple of the wheels now to level it out and the it feels a bit shaky when cleaning it.
Amazon says they will be here Wednesday.

Just ordered a set, love the Total Lock feature as I have some shims under a couple of the wheels now to level it out and the it feels a bit shaky when cleaning it.
Amazon says they will be here Wednesday.
You will love them!!

One of the things I liked is the casters raise it up to the same level as my Genesis and the table I built that goes with them.

So, got the new casters the other day. Went to swap them out this evening and was unable to remove the first caster I attempted at. Not sure if I missed something during assembly as there is a something threaded in each of the legs an inch or two from the bottom in the side. Unsure if something inside is spinning on me and if so how to stop so I can get the original off and the new ones on. Any help or suggestions most appreciated.

So, got the new casters the other day. Went to swap them out this evening and was unable to remove the first caster I attempted at. Not sure if I missed something during assembly as there is a something threaded in each of the legs an inch or two from the bottom in the side. Unsure if something inside is spinning on me and if so how to stop so I can get the original off and the new ones on. Any help or suggestions most appreciated.
Generally with casters there is a wrench that fits on the top portion of the caster above the ball bearing assembly. A pair of channel locks will probably suffice. If you don't turn this portion of the caster then it just spins on the ball bearings.

Last edited:
Generally with casters there is a wrench that fits on the top portion of the cadre above the ball bearing assembly. A pair of channel locks will probably suffice. If you don't turn this portion of the caster then it just spins on the ball bearings.
Yup, using channel locks and turning the part I am suppose to be turning, thinking something else has loosened inside where it is threaded.

Yup, using channel locks and turning the part I am suppose to be turning, thinking something else has loosened inside where it is threaded.
Impossible. The "nut" is welded to the inside of the tube. Are you sure you're grabbing the part that screws in and not the wheel framework? It is pretty tight to get channel locks in there. I don't think they will fit.

Impossible. The "nut" is welded to the inside of the tube. Are you sure you're grabbing the part that screws in and not the wheel framework? It is pretty tight to get channel locks in there. I don't think they will fit.

I am gripping and turning the multi-sided piece above the wheel assembly, the part identified by arrow and the same part I turned when screwing in the casters.
81A2B354-86DF-4C70-ABC6-0641C776BDE8.jpeg

Latest Discussions

Back