Delivered!! Finally

rexster314

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
My EX6 got delivered late, late, yesterday evening. I unboxed it today and between wifey and me, got it on our back deck. I assembled the legs and aftermarket 5" casters. I took another set of measurements, and I had an inch overall to spare on my deck door. It had rained last night and was windy/blustery today, and I was glad to be inside warm while I assembled the rest of the grill. I'll install the Weber front shelves tomorrow along with the lid handle. I did get the side shelf installed which will really make a difference in the amount of room when I get down to the business of cooking. It is a Gen 2 grill with a date of 9/04/20 on the Owner's Manual. I also booted everything up, got connected on Bluetooth and immediately was notified of a software upgrade which I let it do. Took about 12 minutes or so. Had to do a shutdown, then restarted the grill and proceeded to connect to my 2.4 network, which it immediately connected to. So far, really happy with how things are turning out. A nice surprise in the box was a total of 4 glow plugs.

Goneincognito

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4, WSM 14.5", 22" kettle
Sounds like it all went as smoothly as my build yesterday. I didn't get 3 extra glow plugs though :-(

OP
rexster314

rexster314

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
It looked like the 3 extra plugs were an afterthought, as they were rolling around loose in one of the parts boxes

rwhapham

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4
Odd...my EX4 gen 2 from Amazon came with 3 glow plugs total, all neat in a ziplock bag.

Glenn

Reaction score
My EX6 got delivered late, late, yesterday evening. I unboxed it today and between wifey and me, got it on our back deck. I assembled the legs and aftermarket 5" casters. I took another set of measurements, and I had an inch overall to spare on my deck door. It had rained last night and was windy/blustery today, and I was glad to be inside warm while I assembled the rest of the grill. I'll install the Weber front shelves tomorrow along with the lid handle. I did get the side shelf installed which will really make a difference in the amount of room when I get down to the business of cooking. It is a Gen 2 grill with a date of 9/04/20 on the Owner's Manual. I also booted everything up, got connected on Bluetooth and immediately was notified of a software upgrade which I let it do. Took about 12 minutes or so. Had to do a shutdown, then restarted the grill and proceeded to connect to my 2.4 network, which it immediately connected to. So far, really happy with how things are turning out. A nice surprise in the box was a total of 4 glow plugs.
Can you share where you bought the aftermarket 5” Wheels?

Latest Discussions