SOTM December 2020 Smoke of the Month Starts Now!

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wsotm-1-jpg.1343

Ladies and Gents, it's time for the last Smoke of the Month contest for 2020! I know it's cold outside, but that shouldn't stop you from smoking! So don't waste another minute, get your pellet hopper filled and your SmokeFire ready! Let's see some awesome photos of your cooks!

How do I enter?
  1. Post in this thread 1 photo of your favorite cook on the SmokeFire. The photo included must be your photo! It's not required, but we prefer the photo to include your username (on a piece of paper, napkin, etc, be creative!)
  2. Include a a caption along with the photo.
  3. We will leave the contest thread open for 13 days and close it December 21st @ 10:00 AM EST.
  4. After that we will open up the voting and allow the community to vote for the winner!
The winner's photo will be featured on our website and receive a special "Smoke of the Month" badge!

Good Luck to all!

** Pro Tip - If you have multiple photos, use the website https://www.photocollage.com/ to combine them all into one.

I can’t decide which cook to do.

Flank steak, marinated in Guinness, soy, and Worcestershire. With Guinness mushroom sauce. And baby potatoes. Grilled the steak at 500 on the SmokeFire.. about 5 minutes or so on each side. Potatoes at 400 for about 30 minutes. Sauce was Guinness stout, soy, Worcestershire, olive oil, steak sauce, water, corn starch, and mushrooms, and shallots.

Attachments

• DC6726BD-FA53-4822-BED8-2DD83C4B6B4D.jpeg
    DC6726BD-FA53-4822-BED8-2DD83C4B6B4D.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 166
Reverse seared pork chops with Oakridge competition beef and pork rub and Smokey chili lime potatoes. Smoked chops at 200 then seared in butter in 500 degree cast iron skillet.
D60A6F0C-92E6-4AA5-A198-20A01D52E674.jpg

Well done! Got to love it!

AMAZING!! Prime Beef short ribs injected with beef broth and rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops Brisket Rub, wrapped in butcher paper at 150-160, total time on the SmokeFire🔥 almost 8 hours! Well worth it, fantastic burnt ends!
384FA198-A8F0-4F43-B9FD-EA9B0987420D.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll throw my smoked chili into the mix for this month. Beef and veg smoked at 225 for an hour, then combined and simmered for another hour. Topped with fried jalapeño rings.
I want to eat this now.

I'll throw my smoked chili into the mix for this month. Beef and veg smoked at 225 for an hour, then combined and simmered for another hour. Topped with fried jalapeño rings.

View attachment 2837
NOOOOOOO...well there goes the neighborhood! Just kidding. I love good chili. The only thing I like better than chili, is good looking chili! You chili looks so good I’m so wanting some. This is something I may have to try to replicate.

Back