Cover Anchor Suggestions

AHoneyman

Reaction score
Folks, my cover has decided that it no longer wants to stay in place even in a slight breeze. The grill is located in a back cover and pushed up against a brick wall and a corner wind break. And the cover just floats up and off. Other than bungy cords, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Goneincognito

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX4, WSM 14.5", 22" kettle
Is it the genuine Weber cover? Mine has a strap that secures around the front left leg.
It has been in some pretty bas weather and hasn't budged.

Old Man Grills

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6
I recommend Rokstraps. blood bikers use them to secure boxes of blood to the bike and they don’t budge at 80mph. They’re plastic and webbing so don’t scratch surfaces.

Attachments

• DC033D9E-4755-4E0D-95C1-C37D58A78A73.jpeg
    DC033D9E-4755-4E0D-95C1-C37D58A78A73.jpeg
    382.1 KB · Views: 19

catpowered

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
Folks, my cover has decided that it no longer wants to stay in place even in a slight breeze. The grill is located in a back cover and pushed up against a brick wall and a corner wind break. And the cover just floats up and off. Other than bungy cords, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
I put a small brick on the shelf and on the front handle once I show me the cover down. Otherwise it will be blown right off of it and hanging by that left bottom strap. Seems to have worked so far.

MrPhilGrillTX

Reaction score
Grill
EX6 (+ a kettle from 2003)
I had that problem with the cover on my kettle grill. I finally had to always push it against the house and put my two charcoal bins pressed up against the front leg (the one without wheels) so it wouldn't come off.

catpowered

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
I had that problem with the cover on my kettle grill. I finally had to always push it against the house and put my two charcoal bins pressed up against the front leg (the one without wheels) so it wouldn't come off.
I think we should all have a man room with good ventilation where we could just keep these things inside. For some reason the wife doesn’t agree.

Dassman5

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX4; Summit 670; Bullet Smoker 22”; Q100
Mine is a Weber made to fit and worked great for the first year. It must have stretched, fabric changed, etc. And I use the leg strap.
I find that using bungee cords on the SF, as with my Summit 670 to be the quickest and easiest way to keep the covers in place.