Coronavirus - Thoughts and Discussion?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Coronavirus is now spreading rapidly worldwide and having a huge impact on some people. I thought it would be a good idea to open up a thread for people that would like to discuss it.
  • What is the present state of the virus in your country or state?
  • Do you know anyone who is infected?
  • What restrictions does your government have to prevent the spread of the virus?
  • Are you making any preparations such as stocking up on food and buying masks?
  • What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.

The Coronavirus is now spreading rapidly worldwide and having a huge impact on some people. I thought it would be a good idea to open up a thread for people that would like to discuss it.
  • What restrictions does your government have to prevent the spread of the virus?
  • What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.
    • USA, Thousands.........Florida..........Hundreds
    • With an itch for Barbecue? Yep......All of us on here.........COVID? Nope.....Except Tom Hanks but he survived being stranded on an island, being stuck in an airport, swapping bodies, the Vietnam war, running across country, playing football for Alabama, a hurricane, being in a prison, crash landing a plane, Odyssey & Aquarius space modules, prohibition and even Sid.....Yes Sid....The worst of them ALL!!
      • I am just trying trying to have a little humor in all of this. Fortunately I do not know anyone yet. In my line of work I am afraid I will sooner than later. I hope we all get through this!
    • School Closings in Florida and Different closings/restrictions in other states.
    • Yes. I have lived in the "Hurricane Belt" My entire life. We know how to prepare and will always be prepared.
    • I am not sure how to answer this. Someone wise once said a recession is when you hear about people losing their jobs. A Depression is when you loose your job. I see a similar analogy with COVID-19. Only time will tell. It is a pandemic by pure definition already though.......

• USA, Thousands.........Florida..........Hundreds
    • With an itch for Barbecue? Yep......All of us on here.........COVID? Nope.....Except Tom Hanks but he survived being stranded on an island, being stuck in an airport, swapping bodies, the Vietnam war, running across country, playing football for Alabama, a hurricane, being in a prison, crash landing a plane, Odyssey & Aquarius space modules, prohibition and even Sid.....Yes Sid....The worst of them ALL!!
      • I am just trying trying to have a little humor in all of this. Fortunately I do not know anyone yet. In my line of work I am afraid I will sooner than later. I hope we all get through this!
    • School Closings in Florida and Different closings/restrictions in other states.
    • Yes. I have lived in the "Hurricane Belt" My entire life. We know how to prepare and will always be prepared.
    • I am not sure how to answer this. Someone wise once said a recession is when you hear about people losing their jobs. A Depression is when you loose your job. I see a similar analogy with COVID-19. Only time will tell. It is a pandemic by pure definition already though.......
Agree with this and I participated in the Vietnam war. There is something pure about a two way firing range. This is just weird.

Right now we are under 10 in MissourI.
Schools just announced will be closed at least through April 6 and my company is moving to mostly WFH for now.
I grabbed a few things from store but tried to be considerate of others and not overbuy. It was strange to be in the grocery store and have lots of shelves empty. There wasn‘t a can of tomato sauce or bag of flour to be found.
i did buy two more bags of Weber Grillmaster and a bag of Weber apple pellets. Don’t worry there were plenty more for others.

SF Bay Area
All schools closed, all bars, brewpubs and clubs closed. Mandatory shelter in place required for all. You can leave to go to essential work activities, food shopping ect.

Don't know any sick people

Not stocking up

It currently IS a Pandemic.

Schools closed here. Restaurants were just ordered to close dining areas and serve pick up or drive through only, state wide. Grocery stores are short or out of most things everybody uses. Went to four stores yesterday. Meat dept is 99% empty. That's no exaggeration. Only things left were a couple of very high priced porterhouses and one pack of chicken gizzards. One market had covers pulled over the meat coolers, nothing to put in them.

Just don't panic people. Only go out when you need to. I was always taught to have one years supply of food and water. I've added ammo to the list. I'm good.

We should all learn from this and ready ourselves. We aren't as prepared as we think we are. It's always somewhere else, or on the news. A lesson for us all...

St Louis we are pretty shut down. Did get a chance to do a good cleaning on all my grills

Back