Cleaning grates

Corners

Reaction score
Grill
Still looking
What is the best method to clean all the grates and the inside of a EX6? I use a shop vac to clean left over pellets and ash. TKS in advance. 👋🏻

Many of us use a plastic putty knife and remove the big chunks and the ash. The rest is going to get dirty again and I let it go.

Yes, if you are doing a pork butt or the like. A pan can also act as a heat deflector, which I like.

Yes, if you are doing a pork butt or the like. A pan can also act as a heat deflector, which I like.
TKS but can you expand on that. Sometimes my brain prefers a more child like explanation. 😬🥴

I think that too much heat comes up between the flavor bars and the deflector. A simple drip/water pan larger than the meat helps it from drying out/burning.

What is the best method to clean all the grates and the inside of a EX6? I use a shop vac to clean left over pellets and ash. TKS in advance. 👋🏻

Much easier to clean the grates when they are hot. I use a wire brush immediately after pulling the meat off the grill.

Much easier to clean the grates when they are hot. I use a wire brush immediately after pulling the meat off the grill.
Use anything to clean after you wire brush?

I think that too much heat comes up between the flavor bars and the deflector. A simple drip/water pan larger than the meat helps it from drying out/burning.
So this pan goes under the meat? Does that lower the temp any?

I definitely would not use Clorox on any metal. It is highly corrosive.

I definitely would not use Clorox on any metal. It is highly corrosive.
They work great. I use them in SS and the porcelain. They are not that harsh in the form they are present in the wipes. I usually wipe with a paper towel when done. They evaporate quite quickly though and don’t sit there very long. No issues to this point.

Latest Discussions

Back