Bought Something Else To Cook On As Well....

whoareya

Reaction score
Grill
EX4
Added a Pit Barrel Company Grill/Smoker to my kit, always fancied a go on them. Love the pellet grill but starting to miss the charcoal/wood smoke a little bit. Never used one before but hear once you've got the hang off them you can cook some killer Ribs & Pork Butt on them

bbqking

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX6, 2, 22” kettles, and a e310 gasser
Added a Pit Barrel Company Grill/Smoker to my kit, always fancied a go on them. Love the pellet grill but starting to miss the charcoal/wood smoke a little bit. Never used one before but hear once you've got the hang off them you can cook some killer Ribs & Pork Butt on them
Where are the pics?!

OP
W

whoareya

Reaction score
Grill
EX4
Where are the pics?!
Weathers a bit wild wet and windy here for the next few days. (Found the Smokefire across the other side of the patio this morning even with the brakes on :LOL:) So hoping to use it sometime next week, when its all calmed down a bit, will post some pics, keen to have ago on it as it's sat in a great big box in the front room at the moment,.

Bruno

3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Weathers a bit wild wet and windy here for the next few days. (Found the Smokefire across the other side of the patio this morning even with the brakes on :LOL:) So hoping to use it sometime next week, when its all calmed down a bit, will post some pics, keen to have ago on it as it's sat in a great big box in the front room at the moment,.
upgrade them casters to 4 locking ones, i do fear it may just tip over if its that windy so I am not responsible for this horrible idea.

Wismokes

Reaction score
Grill
Ex6, wsm, bge
Not exactly the same but i bought a attachment to hang things for my Smokey mountain last year . Really wanted a pit barrel cooker to try but couldn’t justify paying for one when i could get the attachment . Haven’t tried a hanging pork butt yet . The ribs were great and a fun new experience

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Not exactly the same but i bought a attachment to hang things for my Smokey mountain last year . Really wanted a pit barrel cooker to try but couldn’t justify paying for one when i could get the attachment . Haven’t tried a hanging pork butt yet . The ribs were great and a fun new experience
The WSM is everything a UDS cooker is and more. Stay the course

OP
W

whoareya

Reaction score
Grill
EX4
Finally got round to using it. For a first go impressed with the way the temp held , used lump, settled at 255F within 15 minutes and stayed there for the whole 2 and half hour cook of a whole chicken cooked in two halves (and the charcoal left, had as much time still to burn at least I reckon) No need to tamper with anything or lid lifting . Tasted good and came out really juicy. Onto the Ribs Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 14
  • BSUV0736.JPG
    BSUV0736.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 14