Bad news and good news

Dalwhinnie

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire ex4
I've had my ex4 since June and have used it almost daily unfortunately yesterday when I went to use it the screen was blank. I called customer service and within 3 or 4 minutes they diagnosed the problem as a motherboard failure, they then proceeded to replace it. I received email confirmation within 5 minutes of hanging up.
While disappointed the unit is out of service for now, I must say I have never experienced such great customer support for a product. I am so very pleased with my decision. By the way its a great smoker!!@

I’ve had my screen do the same, and it was just a fuse at the switch on and off.

Thanks I'll check that out where is the fuse? The tech at weber sounded like they could check remotely on the issue, after a minute or so she came back with te dead motherboard. Like many others I just wanted to say how much I appreciate Webers after sale support they make you feel valued.
Thanks for the tip

It’s right under the switch. You have to pull out the whole switch thingy and it’s right there. Comes out with the switch assembly actuallly I was wrong …I just forgot how I did it

Last edited:

Digging up a really old thread... how did you make out with the motherboard replacement?

I kept blowing fuses - sometimes replacing one and not even having the screen turn on. Other times it would work once and then no power on the screen the next time I turned it on. Checked the power with a meter and no issues there.

Weber screwed me around for month before finally agreeing to send a new motherboard and power assembly. I am hopeful this will finally solve the issue. It gets extremely frustrating buying something to cook and having to resort to gas.

Well it wasn't the fuse. Waiting patiently for the motherboard
You tested continuity?
That's the only way you can tell with these fuses.
Also, the techs cant can't check stuff remotely.
What did they have you check when you called them?

Back