OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ha! I’m doing that too.

ingiro22

Reaction score
I have to admit I check it every couple days. The app is so disappointing. It doesn’t really do anything at this point. I was hoping for much more (recipes, grilling guides, seasonings, pellet choice, cook time and duration, etc. like Traeger has). They really made it sound like it was going to do a lot. I’m going to have to agree with others that the launch should have been delayed until more of this stuff was figured out. I really hope they add a low fuel notification and the ability to adjust the grill temperature to the app.

OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yep I agree. I was told by Weber Support that adjusting temp in the app will be in a future update since it was in the grill literature, but they said they couldn’t comment (understandably) on other upcoming functionality. There are tons of possibilities to make this app better and the fact the iPhone version it .9.2 feels like they knew it couldn’t even be considered 1.0 worthy.

GriLLMaRksRseXy

Reaction score
I was actually talking about the actual Smoke Fire Page(s). I should have done a better job in my post.
Here is what I mean:

This is the actual page for the Smoke Fire EX6. There is no longer ANY mention of: An APP, The ability to connect probes, monitor anything, connect to WIFI, NOTHING. If I recall it used to have a whole portion dedicated to the connectivity of the Smoke Fire Pellet Grills.

Sabercoug

Reaction score
I was actually talking about the actual Smoke Fire Page(s). I should have done a better job in my post.
Here is what I mean:

This is the actual page for the Smoke Fire EX6. There is no longer ANY mention of: An APP, The ability to connect probes, monitor anything, connect to WIFI, NOTHING. If I recall it used to have a whole portion dedicated to the connectivity of the Smoke Fire Pellet Grills.
Ah, ok I see what you mean. Funny thing is their Amazon ad still says you can control temp from app!

OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
The specification section still mentions Weber Connect. Maybe they aren’t wanting to promote it until it’s at least what should have been for the rollout?

OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I saw a post on Reddit where a person said Weber told him a firmware and app update were supposed to be available in the upcoming week. Hope that’s true!

bbq4ever

Reaction score
I encountered another youtube movie where a owner of a Weber store in Germany is mentioning a Date (link) when the "app" will be available. What this entails or means I have no clue but......... you never know :unsure: can be the current app is then released but with everything translated to the native language or.... no further details mentioned in the movie. Ah ja almost forgotten if you do not want to watch the youtube movie the Data of the app release mentioned is the 17th of March.

So in other words there is talk in the vinyards, lets see and wait patiently....:cool:

OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wonder if includes a firmware update?

CEd4jets

Reaction score
Just downloaded the update and connected it to my grill. Didn't see any differences and it did not attempt a firmware update. This appears to be a minor fix - went from ver 0.9.2 to 0.9.3. Still in beta. Maybe the global language support is for our international friends only. Did not see that option.

OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeah, I was all excited until I saw the version and change log.

Latest Discussions