App Controls

mcloud

Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire ex4
hello everyone
Really love my smokefire ex4

I would like to be able to use the app to activate smoke boost, it just tells me to set a temperature range 1st. It would really be nice if you could just activate it like you can on the grill display And also see the temperature as it is heating up while on smoke boost as of right now having to use a probe. I would also really like to be able to just set the temperature down to 165

I’m not sure but i believe smoke boost is somewhere between 160-180. I do know that you can’t set a temp for it , although that would be nice

hello everyone
Really love my smokefire ex4

I would like to be able to use the app to activate smoke boost, it just tells me to set a temperature range 1st. It would really be nice if you could just activate it like you can on the grill display And also see the temperature as it is heating up while on smoke boost as of right now having to use a probe. I would also really like to be able to just set the temperature down to 165
The problem is that the PID controller needs an initial set point as a target. While some users claim they can start in smoke boost mode, I always start at 215 or so. Further, while in smoke boost, the controller needs to maintain combustion, which is why it varies from 150 to 180 or so.
That is why I use an additional grill ( not food) probe plugged in to probe port #4 so I can always monitor what is going on...

Use a probe and monitor in that fashion if you wish.

What Dassman5 is alluding to is that you must have a fire before you let it smolder. If you try to smolder first, it will keep going out.

I start in S/B 60% of the time. Works great.
How do you do that? SmokeBoost is on the app and my app will not let you start a run. I must start a run from the controller with a set temp prior to going to SB.

How do you do that? SmokeBoost is on the app and my app will not let you start a run. I must start a run from the controller with a set temp prior to going to SB.
I turn the dial to smokeboost from controller at grill to “on”
Starting the grill “remotely” will never happen-liability.

Latest Discussions

Back