App comparison

AHoneyman

Reaction score
Grill
Weber Smoke Fire EX6, Weber Genesis E-310, Vision Series B
Folks, I am wondering if anyone has compared the performance of the SF while connected to the different apps (iOS or Android). I know (I think) that there should be none but just asking if you have done the experiment.

MojoBones

Reaction score
Grill
SmokeFire EX6 (Slow-n-Low) / WPPO Lil Luigi (Pizza) / Summit S-670 (Everything Else)
I have had success with both Android (phone) and iOS (iPad). I think I had less issues getting the iPad connected initially but there was a large timeframe between the installation of the app to each device so the first installation (Android) was a bit more protracted and thought intensive. I think I prefer the iPad as it is a device I only use for limited scenarios and so the alarm is more noticeable for me. As far as testing which one is better for cooks though, I haven't considered that. Might be fun to do but really I have gotten away from using the app for most cooks.

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I only have apple devices but I really only use the app for checking temps. I do set alarms for temps 5 or 10 degrees from where I plan to finish then use my Thermapen until done.

bbqking

Staff member
3x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
EX6, 2, 22” kettles, 18” kettle and a 26” kettleand a e310 gasser
Only iPhone here as well. No androids in sight so can’t comment. I’ve never had any issues. Well, u til my last cook, and my app was not showing the WiFi bars…at the end of the cook. And after I shut my grill down it was not telling me safe to turn off…so. I shut it off anyways. Cause it had shut down and cooled off.

OP
A

AHoneyman

Reaction score
Grill
Weber Smoke Fire EX6, Weber Genesis E-310, Vision Series B
Well, I was fishing. I tried the Android app for the first time recently. I noticed that the air temp ran much closer to the actual set point with the Android than it every got with the iOS app. I know that the app should not make a difference but I am just observing after a hundred plus iOS runs.

Bluesmoke

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Grill
Smokefire EX6
I have only used the Android app no Apple for me.

Latest Discussions