Anyone Using a Water Pan?

i am with the yes people.

pellets burn drier than wood.
and the fan forced circulation would dry off the juices. and dry meat wont take on the smoke
easier clean up as well

i think.............

i am with the yes people.

pellets burn drier than wood.
and the fan forced circulation would dry off the juices. and dry meat wont take on the smoke
easier clean up as well

i think.............
I’m a mostly hot and fast kinda guy. Because of this there is diminishing return on the water pan for me. If I was doing an overnight brisket or something I’d seriously consider this but I don’t really notice any severe drying that I’m not able to overcome during a wrap phase. Nothing wrong with it as I’ve previously stated, but I would contend that the difference in the final results are likely far les noticeable than one might think. In fact, I wonder if you’d be able to tell in blind testing. I’d might spritz ribs or any protein prior to wrapping if I feel it needs it or I’m looking to build a bark. The wetting followed by drying process does build a great bark. However, the drying part is a component imo.

The cleanup part is definitely valid, but I don’t necessarily need a liquid in the pan to make cleanup easy. Cooking style is a consideration IMO.

Back