Anyone try Charcoal Pellets?

Check Lumberjack for dealers. Like someone else said here, I found a "dealer" nearby that sells them for $10 for a 20lb bag. It's really just some guy selling them out of his garage. He said that he buys at least a ton at a time.

All I use is Pitboss Charcoal for hamburgers or Barbq chicken. To me it tastes just like my Weber performer. I use them all the time now

What do people recommend for a Lumberjack pellet flavor that is best suited for cooking everything? I am not crazy about the idea of changing pellets when I cook pork vs chicken vs. beef, so looking for recommendations for best all around pellet flavor.

Maybe I would switch for a long cook like a brisket, but other than that would prefer to stick to one flavor.

What do people recommend for a Lumberjack pellet flavor that is best suited for cooking everything? I am not crazy about the idea of changing pellets when I cook pork vs chicken vs. beef, so looking for recommendations for best all around pellet flavor.

Maybe I would switch for a long cook like a brisket, but other than that would prefer to stick to one flavor.
Probably a competition blend for all around. But just to throw a monkey wrench in there, I just tried pit boss mesquite and man that has a nice flavor. got it at wally world in think about 8 bucks but don't quote me on that.

Unfortunately we can't get prices close to that here in Canada. $20 / 20lb is basically the lowest price I can find on anything. Lumberjack is $23, so may be the best option for me.

I have been using lumberjack competition blend for everything for a while now.... I have made brisket, pork butt, steaks, and chicken. Seems to work well with just about anything. Also right now it’s the only thing the local Rural King has in stock, but better than the Weber pellets I tried and only $8.88 for 20lbs here.

Ok so I have been using mostly pit boss pellets. The price is pretty cheap, around 10.00 for a 20lbs bag. Have used the charcoal flavor several times. I like the way it’s tastes. Was very turned off by the first couple cooks I ever did on the sf. Used treager hickory flavor....yuck! Have since used Weber competition blend, which was good. I just got a bag of pit boss fruit blend, I really like too. The charcoal flavor isn’t really bold it just tastes a little like my regular kettle charcoal.

Ok so I have been using mostly pit boss pellets. The price is pretty cheap, around 10.00 for a 20lbs bag. Have used the charcoal flavor several times. I like the way it’s tastes. Was very turned off by the first couple cooks I ever did on the sf. Used treager hickory flavor....yuck! Have since used Weber competition blend, which was good. I just got a bag of pit boss fruit blend, I really like too. The charcoal flavor isn’t really bold it just tastes a little like my regular kettle charcoal.
I will stick with the Weber pellets. I use their Hickory on butts and a mix of Hickory and Mesquite for briskets. Weber Apple for chicken for mild flavor and Competition blend for most general purpose smokes and cooks.

Latest Discussions

Back