Anyone put the cover on while shutting down?

Mojo RyZen

Reaction score
I just finished low and slow smoking a corned beef brisket flat and a bone-in pork butt at 250F. They're both cooling down in a cooler. Snow is falling hard now, so I put the Weber OEM cover on. I don't think the cover will mealt, but with all the fan activity, I'm concerned something might go wrong. Am I the trail blazer here?

I just finished low and slow smoking a corned beef brisket flat and a bone-in pork butt at 250F. They're both cooling down in a cooler. Snow is falling hard now, so I put the Weber OEM cover on. I don't think the cover will mealt, but with all the fan activity, I'm concerned something might go wrong. Am I the trail blazer here?
Absolutely NOT!

The snow won’t hurt anything.

Surely you did not put the cover on the grill while it was shutting down?

Scratching head in stupification. That’s a question that was really asked?! Wow, no cap...I suspect something will be blazing...but not a trail.

I wouldn't make a habit of this, but I was fairly confident with the conditions. I did it to avoid going up and down two flights of stairs on a knee that requires surgery. The lid was open as I was shutting down (1st) and removing the food (2nd). I was able to hold my hand on the lid, proving the grill had cooled down. The snow was coming down hard, further cooling the metal. The fan was still running as I placed the cover on loosely. The cover is intact and the grill works fine ;-) lol

Latest Discussions

Back