Anyone have plans to use SmokeFire for Christmas meal?

I want to do a tenderloin roast but no one eats beef except me! Damn it!!
Cook one and order the rest a bucket of KFC! JKOC 🤣

Kroger has had prime rib for $5 a pound as a loss leader a couple of times a year. I think that I can find one of those in the freezer.

Was trying to think of something to do for Christmas and wondering what others have planned? Might want to steal your ideas! 🤣
We always try to get and do a standing rib roast. I’m hoping they go on sale this next week. I may end up just doing tritip.

Was trying to think of something to do for Christmas and wondering what others have planned? Might want to steal your ideas! 🤣
I will suvid turkey cut into pieces, then let cool till Christmas day. Put on smokefire smokeboost for 3 hrs or so, then crank it up to 350 till turkey is up to about 150. I also do a couple extra wings and a thigh. Wings go into a pot of broth to simmer with bones, meat from wings and juice is used to make dressing and gravey.

We definitely will be using our ex4 for Christmas, just 🤔 not sure yet what the menu will be as our two year old GE Cafe double wall convection oven took dump early this week and parts will not be here until the 28th.

This is when one is glad you have a second, outdoor fully equipped kitchen suite in the form of Weber products: Between the Summit — my wife is baking cookies on it as I write this — and the SmokeFire where we will be baking Lasagna for Christmas Eve, we are set...It is 2020 after all🤪🤗😷🥃

Last edited:
Well this is heating not really cooking but for xmas dinner we have always had a canned (vacuum-packed) Krakus Polish Ham on the table (probably as backup in case the turkey didn't turn out). We continue that tradition...

So, I am pre-slicing the ham into thin slices (90% of the way thru), then putting whole cloves on the bottom, and then slathering the whole thing with a tart cherry port reduction.

That will be smoked over a water pan containing honey, brown sugar, and some port wine until 120 and then finished off with another glaze layer on 350 for 15-25 minutes.

Take that processed water logged ham! :)

214CF703-1C55-4103-B1FE-331E44FA2D64.jpeg

Did these again but took the time to put each one face down to start the cook, that char was awesome!

Back