Anti-theft measures 🔒

JASONKENNEDY

Reaction score
So I’ve been brainstorming up some ways to secure my brand new $1,000+ grill from thievery and I’m hoping there’s some engineers, contractors, security technicians among you to put up some good ideas for us.

So far, the best I came up with was bolting an anchor down on the concrete (with concrete screws...didn’t know there was a difference) and pulling a heavy duty security cable through the handle and locking it down with a (10+) Masterlock. Now I know it’s not the most secure way, especially knowing that anyone with a screwdriver can just unscrew the handle, but I figure if a bastard gets this far - my secondary security system will be alerted...which is the 80 pound German Shepherd (seen in the picture)

If anyone has any better more secure way, please let us know! Also if you came up with a different approach, please share as well.

in the meantime...grill on bro’s!

0227240E-FA09-41AE-9B05-412122522DDF.jpeg

86A6FB60-AC60-4798-9586-BBB06D80C337.jpeg

Last edited:
I think your secondary is the primary! I have a few Ideas though:
1. That is a CRAZY lock. Check....You go that covered. Now grind off 2 points of those masonary anchor heads. If you need to remove them later you can grind them off but at least nobody can unscrew it.
2. Replace the Grill handle bolts with suitable security bolts. If you really wanna go crazy, find 4 different bit types so a thief would need 4 different bits or have to break the handle off. We used to do do this when I was working at a car alarm/stereo shop and even found security bolts for most car seats that we put amps under for even more security.
3. If that is where the grill is staying then take the casters off so it is harder to roll.
4. If you REALLY want to be serious. There are a dozen or so GPS trackers on amazon that run on batteries and can be recharged and come with a year free cellular data. I can recommend automile. I have used them several times for fleet management in another business. They are pretty cheap too.

I think your secondary is the primary! I have a few Ideas though:
1. That is a CRAZY lock. Check....You go that covered. Now grind off 2 points of those masonary anchor heads. If you need to remove them later you can grind them off but at least nobody can unscrew it.
2. Replace the Grill handle bolts with suitable security bolts. If you really wanna go crazy, find 4 different bit types so a thief would need 4 different bits or have to break the handle off. We used to do do this when I was working at a car alarm/stereo shop and even found security bolts for most car seats that we put amps under for even more security.
3. If that is where the grill is staying then take the casters off so it is harder to roll.
4. If you REALLY want to be serious. There are a dozen or so GPS trackers on amazon that run on batteries and can be recharged and come with a year free cellular data. I can recommend automile. I have used them several times for fleet management in another business. They are pretty cheap too.
Great ideas, thanks for feeding into my paranoia, lol - The security bolts and taking the casters off is a great and almost obvious idea that I didn't even think about that (Duh take the wheels off!) GPS is probably the extra, extra measure that I can take if I'm feeling insecure - but we'll see. I'll probably do it though.

Back