Another hat tip to Weber customer service

This is my new motherboard that I requested on Thursday.... Fed ex all the way, much quicker

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-105550_FedEx.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-105550_FedEx.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 18
New member and EX4 owner, long time Weber customer. Just felt I would add to this thread about Weber CS. a few years ago a close friend bought a new Weber Grill. One of his first cooks was a pork rib roast which he wanted to cook on his rotisserie, He then got called on the phone and his attention went away from the pork roast. We all know what happened next, the fat dripping caught fire and burned the coating off his grill hood before he realized it. After taking a lot of abuse from most of his friends he contacted Weber CS to buy a new hood, Weber sent him a new hood at NO COST, nuf said!

This is my new motherboard that I requested on Thursday.... Fed ex all the way, much quicker

How did you find fitting the new motherboard? I've got one coming next week with a controller due to an E7 Motor Failure again.

This will be my 4th controller in 2 years so getting quite a dab hand at swapping them over, never done a motherboard replacement before though

How did you find fitting the new motherboard? I've got one coming next week with a controller due to an E7 Motor Failure again.

This will be my 4th controller in 2 years so getting quite a dab hand at swapping them over, never done a motherboard replacement before though
Hi, it was easy. You do need to get to the panel under the smoker where the power cord goes in. That exterior panel is part of the motherboard assembly, so it's a quick replacement, just a couple of snap connections to do. Hope it solves your issue.

Hi, it was easy. You do need to get to the panel under the smoker where the power cord goes in. That exterior panel is part of the motherboard assembly, so it's a quick replacement, just a couple of snap connections to do. Hope it solves your issue.
Thanks, you had any problems since replacing the motherboard, as E7 Motor Failure to be a constant problem for me, so hoping the motherboard will finally solve it

Thanks, you had any problems since replacing the motherboard, as E7 Motor Failure to be a constant problem for me, so hoping the motherboard will finally solve it
My issue was resolved was intermittent power to the smoker

My issue was resolved was intermittent power to the smoker
I changed the motherboard and controller today after they finally came this morning. Turned it all on did 90 minutes of updates. Set the temp and E7 came up immediately again 😠

Fired off another email to customer service see what they say.

Back