Another app update

abmet

2x SOTM Winner
Reaction score
0.9.9 must be big fixes.
2E82AABF-6EB5-4EA6-A8E5-03EF05F8FC24.jpeg

I think I got this one last week. Everything works beautifully.

Thanks for the heads up!! Just did another flawless cook.

I did a short cook on the newest app and think I did better on the older one. A little problem of getting to temp and stepping up to a higher temp. Need more data.

I’ve done two shorter cooks, 25 minutes for some fish and vegetables, and just shy of 2 hours for spatchcock chicken, not counting time to get up to initial temps. I didn’t notice any issues and on the chicken I used SmokeBoost for the first 25 minutes then changed remotely to 375 and it got there pretty quick but I didn’t time it exactly. After I pulled the chicken off I set to 600 and it got there in less than 10 minutes before I shutdown.

9.8 on Andriod, I don't see any update yet. I did a reverse sear on some nice thick NY strips. Cook went great. Set to 225, once it hit temp ( about 10 mins) I used app to turn on Smoke Boost and put the steaks on the upper grate. The smoke fire did its thing for about an hour before they hit 110°. I got impatient and set the temp to 275° to push the steaks to 120°. The grill left smoke boost but didn't want to heat up. It sat at 175° for another 10 mins. I upper the temp to 350° and finally she started to climb. I let it get to 250° and set the temp to 275° and let them finish off. I bumped it to 600° and it took off and got there pretty quick. Seared up the steaks and had an awesome meal.

9.8 on Andriod, I don't see any update yet. I did a reverse sear on some nice thick NY strips. Cook went great. Set to 225, once it hit temp ( about 10 mins) I used app to turn on Smoke Boost and put the steaks on the upper grate. The smoke fire did its thing for about an hour before they hit 110°. I got impatient and set the temp to 275° to push the steaks to 120°. The grill left smoke boost but didn't want to heat up. It sat at 175° for another 10 mins. I upper the temp to 350° and finally she started to climb. I let it get to 250° and set the temp to 275° and let them finish off. I bumped it to 600° and it took off and got there pretty quick. Seared up the steaks and had an awesome meal.
Sounds tasty!

0.9.12 out for iOS no new functionality listed.

98C70A3E-2576-45DB-99D9-7B17824FE703.jpeg

I noticed this morning when the grill reached temp, it made a new notification sound. Must be part of the update. Andriod went to 0.9.9 on Monday.

I had all these extra square [[brackets]] around the text in the app. I sent a screenshot to Weber last week it seems to have been fixed in this new version.

weberconnect.png

Temps displayed on the Iphone in Fahrenheit at long last, always found it frustrating the display controller on the Smokefire was in F but the Iphone was in C.

Took a while, but finally sorted....

Temps displayed on the Iphone in Fahrenheit at long last, always found it frustrating the display controller on the Smokefire was in F but the Iphone was in C.

Took a while, but finally sorted....
Mine have been in F the entire time. Huh?

Back