Another app update

Bruno

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up!! Just did another flawless cook.

AHoneyman

Reaction score
I did a short cook on the newest app and think I did better on the older one. A little problem of getting to temp and stepping up to a higher temp. Need more data.

OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’ve done two shorter cooks, 25 minutes for some fish and vegetables, and just shy of 2 hours for spatchcock chicken, not counting time to get up to initial temps. I didn’t notice any issues and on the chicken I used SmokeBoost for the first 25 minutes then changed remotely to 375 and it got there pretty quick but I didn’t time it exactly. After I pulled the chicken off I set to 600 and it got there in less than 10 minutes before I shutdown.

SillyRabbit

Reaction score
9.8 on Andriod, I don't see any update yet. I did a reverse sear on some nice thick NY strips. Cook went great. Set to 225, once it hit temp ( about 10 mins) I used app to turn on Smoke Boost and put the steaks on the upper grate. The smoke fire did its thing for about an hour before they hit 110°. I got impatient and set the temp to 275° to push the steaks to 120°. The grill left smoke boost but didn't want to heat up. It sat at 175° for another 10 mins. I upper the temp to 350° and finally she started to climb. I let it get to 250° and set the temp to 275° and let them finish off. I bumped it to 600° and it took off and got there pretty quick. Seared up the steaks and had an awesome meal.

OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
9.8 on Andriod, I don't see any update yet. I did a reverse sear on some nice thick NY strips. Cook went great. Set to 225, once it hit temp ( about 10 mins) I used app to turn on Smoke Boost and put the steaks on the upper grate. The smoke fire did its thing for about an hour before they hit 110°. I got impatient and set the temp to 275° to push the steaks to 120°. The grill left smoke boost but didn't want to heat up. It sat at 175° for another 10 mins. I upper the temp to 350° and finally she started to climb. I let it get to 250° and set the temp to 275° and let them finish off. I bumped it to 600° and it took off and got there pretty quick. Seared up the steaks and had an awesome meal.
Sounds tasty!

OP
abmet

abmet

SOTM Winner
Reaction score
0.9.12 out for iOS no new functionality listed.

98C70A3E-2576-45DB-99D9-7B17824FE703.jpeg

SillyRabbit

Reaction score
I noticed this morning when the grill reached temp, it made a new notification sound. Must be part of the update. Andriod went to 0.9.9 on Monday.

raso

Reaction score
I had all these extra square [[brackets]] around the text in the app. I sent a screenshot to Weber last week it seems to have been fixed in this new version.

weberconnect.png

whoareya

Reaction score
Temps displayed on the Iphone in Fahrenheit at long last, always found it frustrating the display controller on the Smokefire was in F but the Iphone was in C.

Took a while, but finally sorted....

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
Temps displayed on the Iphone in Fahrenheit at long last, always found it frustrating the display controller on the Smokefire was in F but the Iphone was in C.

Mine have been in F the entire time. Huh?

whoareya

Reaction score
Mine have been in F the entire time. Huh?
My Iphone even when the F was selected, would only display grill temp in C on it, not once since I got it in Feb has it displayed grill temp in F till today.

May have been a quirk to me, but definitely happened for the first time after I updated the app.

JpsBBQ

Reaction score
My Iphone even when the F was selected, would only display grill temp in C on it, not once since I got it in Feb has it displayed grill temp in F till today.

May have been a quirk to me, but definitely happened for the first time after I updated the app.
Oh, I believe you. Sometimes the devices have a mind Of there own.

One annoying issue I have is that I have to continually pair my iPad or iPhone every time I fire up. I actually think it works, but it prompts me. IDK. Not a big deal at all, but an annoyance for sure.

raso

Reaction score

Yes! The app now uses the temperature unit of the SmokeFire not the Phone. This probably only affected UK and Canadian users which usually have their phone set to Metric but tend to use Fahrenheit while cooking.

whoareya

Reaction score
Yes! The app now uses the temperature unit of the SmokeFire not the Phone. This probably only affected UK and Canadian users which usually have their phone set to Metric but tend to use Fahrenheit while cooking.
Thanks that explains why the Americans on here, think I have gone barmy....I was a 70's schoolkid in the UK so taught both in imperial and metric. Prefer Fahrenheit for cooking temps and IT temps over Centigrade.
I am a bit of a mish mash when it comes to measurements grams and kgs for food but pounds and stones for my weight. Centimeters and metres for measurement but miles for distance.
Phone manufacturers don't consider people of my age, thank goodness Weber do....

Latest Discussions